Chiquita Minions Sweepstakes and Instant Win Promotion has now ENDED.
Please see below for the rules that applied to the contest while it was running.
The Chiquita Minions Sweepstakes & Instant Win Promotion
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER, PLAY OR CLAIM A PRIZE.
A PURCHASE or payment WILL NOT INCREASE AN ENTRANT’s CHANCES OF WINNING.
Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
The Chiquita Minions Sweepstakes & Instant Win Promotion (the “Promotion”) is sponsored by Chiquita Brands International, Inc., 2051 SE 35th Street, Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33316 (“Sponsor”) and is administered by FunMobility, Inc., 2430 Camino Ramon, Suite 120, San Ramon, CA 94583 (the “Administrator”).
- PROMOTION PERIOD: The Promotion Period begins on November 16, 2015 at 12:00:01 AM (midnight) Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on January 15, 2016 at 11:59:59 PM ET (“Promotion Period”). The Promotion consists of an “Instant Win Game” and a “Sweepstakes” as detailed herein.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is offered only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older (and individuals between the ages of thirteen (13) and seventeen (17), or eighteen (18) years of age or older if considered a minor by their state of residence, with their parent’s permission to register) at the time of entry. Void elsewhere and where prohibited or restricted by law. Residents of Puerto Rico and the United States Territories and Possessions and overseas military installations are not eligible to enter or win.Employees of Sponsor, Administrator, Universal Studios, Universal Studios Licensing LLC, Feeding America, US Sweepstakes & Fulfillment Co., and their respective parent and affiliate companies and suppliers (collectively, “Promotion Entities”), as well as their immediate family (e.g., spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members (whether related or not) of each such employee of such entities are not eligible to enter or win. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, municipal and local laws and regulations.
- AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: By participating in this Promotion, an individual who enters the Promotion (“Entrant”) agrees that Sponsor’s and/or Administrator’s decisions are final and binding in all matters related to this Promotion. Participation in this Promotion constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- HOW TO ENTER THE PROMOTION: During the Promotion Period, an Entrant may visit https://minionslovebananas.com (the “Website”) or download the Promotion app to access the Website. The Entrant must then enter his/her valid e-mail address and password, and, if it is the Entrant’s first time entering the Promotion, must then submit the requested registration information, which may include, but is not limited to, his/her complete first and last name (no initials), date of birth, and confirmation that he/she has read and agrees to these Official Rules. For purposes of the Promotion, an Entrant’s e-mail address will be the e-mail address submitted at the time of registration (“Sign-Up”) and the Entrant’s residential address will be the physical address submitted at the time of winning a physical prize. Entrants will not be allowed to change their physical address or e-mail address. Limit: One (1) Sign-Up per person regardless of whether Entrant has more than one email address. Limit: Five (5) Sign-Ups per household.The Promotion app is available free for download from the Apple App Store or Google Play store. If an Entrant accesses the Website on his/her mobile device to enter this Promotion, message and data rates may apply. Entrants should consult their wireless service provider regarding its pricing plans. Entrants should review their mobile device’s capabilities for specific app instructions.Upon completion of the registration information and each time the Entrant enters the Promotion, an Entrant is only eligible to win Promotion prizes if they play one of the following seven (7) games (each an “Instant Win Game”):
1. Scan a Minion Sticker found on a Chiquita banana.
2. Score 10,000 points in the Banana Shot Arcade game.
3. Complete all 7 levels in the Minion Matcher memory game.
4. Vote on all Chiquita Minions banana stickers in the Sticker Showdown.
5. Complete a Minion Puzzle in the allotted time.
6. Create an image with the Instaminion maker.
7. Click the “Instant Win” button on the home page of the Website.
Entrants may play each Instant Win Game as many times as they like (each play is a “Game Play”), but only a maximum of the first four (4) Game Plays per hour will be eligible for physical Instant Prizes and Sweepstakes entries (each an “Instant Win Play”). An hour starts at the top of each hour (00 minutes, 00 seconds) and ends at 59 minutes, 59 seconds of that hour. For example, the 1:00 PM ET hour starts at 1:00:00 PM ET and ends at 1:59:59 PM ET, then the 2:00 PM ET hour starts at 2:00:00 PM ET and ends at 2:59:59 PM ET and so forth.
Note that an Entrant may only play four (4) of the seven (7) Instant Win Games each hour to receive a maximum of four (4) Instant Win Plays. Instant Win Plays will only be earned for the first time an Instant Win Game is played during each hour. Also, the Entrant may not play the same Instant Win Game twice during the same hour to receive an Instant Win Play (i.e., an Entrant may complete two (2) Minion Puzzles during an hour but will only receive one (1) Instant Win Play). For every successfully earned Instant Win Play, an Entrant will receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry. Limit of four (4) Sweepstakes entries per hour during the Promotion Period.
After a Game Play is completed in accordance with these Official Rules, the Entrant will receive notification on the Website as to whether he/she is a potential “Instant Winner” (“Instant Win Notification”). Each Entrant who receives an Instant Win Notification will be deemed a potential “Instant Winner” pending confirmation and verification of the Entrant’s eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor and Administrator in its sole discretion.
Every hour thereafter during the Promotion Period, an Entrant may return to the Website, login with his/her e-mail address, and play the Instant Win Games as many times as he or she likes, for up to four (4) additional Instant Win Plays. All potential winning Game Plays are subject to verification by Sponsor or Administrator, whose decisions are final and binding. An Entrant is not a winner of an Instant Prize, even if the Game Play should so indicate, unless and until Entrant’s eligibility and the potential winning Game Play have been verified and Entrant has been notified that verification is complete. Sponsor will not accept screen shots or other evidence of winning in lieu of its validation process.
For each successful Instant Win Play, Entrant may receive a digital prize of a desktop wallpaper, mobile wallpaper, mini video clip, coloring page, Minion graphic, in-game power up, or banana donations, collectively referred to as “Digital Instant Prizes”. Any Game Play that occurs after the system has failed for any reason is deemed a defective Game Play, is void, and will not be honored.
- RANDOM SWEEPSTAKES DRAWING: On or about January 19, 2016, the Administrator will select one (1) potential “Grand Prize Winner” in a random drawing from all eligible Sweepstakes entries received during the Promotion Period. The Grand Prize Winner is deemed to be a potential Grand Prize Winner, pending verification of his/her eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules as determined by Sponsor, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. No more than one (1) Grand Prize Winner will be selected.
- PRIZES, APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”), AND ODDS OF WINNING:
A. Instant Prizes (272): The Instant Prizes are as follows:
|Description of Instant Prize||ARV of Each Instant Prize||Quantity of Each Instant Prize||Total ARV of All Instant Prizes|
|Minion Water Bottles||$10.00||68||$680.00|
|Minion Blu-Ray Movies||$20.00||68||$1,360.00|
|Despicable Me 2 Movie digital download codes||$13.00||68||$884.00|
The Minion Water Bottles, Minion Backpacks, Minion Blu-Ray Movies and Despicable Me 2 Movie digital download codes are referred to as “physical Instant Prizes.” An Entrant can only win one (1) physical Instant Prize per week. A week is defined as seven (7) consecutive 24-hour periods from the end of the hour during which the entrant has last potentially won a physical Instant Prize.
Digital Instant Prizes and physical Instant Prizes may be referred to hereafter individually as an “Instant Prize” and collectively as “Instant Prizes”.
B. Grand Prize (1):The verified Grand Prize Winner will receive a Best Buy Gift Card in the amount of $5,000 (the “Grand Prize”).
If the Grand Prize Winner is under eighteen (18) years old, then the gift card will be awarded to his/her parent or legal guardian.
C. Total ARV: The total ARV of all prizes available in the Promotion is $9,284.00.
D. Odds of Winning an Instant Prize: Physical Instant Prizes will be made available at random times throughout the Promotion Period. To be a winner of a Physical Instant Prize (“Instant Winner”), an Entrant’s Instant Win Play must be the first to have occurred at the exact randomly predetermined winning time as determined by Administrator or if an Instant Win Play does not occur at an exact randomly predetermined winning time, then the next Entrant’s Instant Win Play to occur after that predetermined winning time will be an Instant Winner. If an Entrant receives a valid winning message, he/she will be deemed a potential Instant Winner pending verification of his/her eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The number of physical Instant Prizes available to be won will decrease during the Promotion Period as Instant Prizes are awarded and claimed. The odds of winning a physical Instant Prize depend on the number of eligible Instant Win Plays received and the timing of such Instant Win Plays.
E.Odds of Winning the Grand Prize. The odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the number of eligible Sweepstakes entries received during the Promotion Period.
F. Prize Limit:An Entrant may win only up to four (4) digital Instant Prizes per day. An Entrant may also win one (1) physical Instant Prize per week during the Promotion Period. There is a limit of one (1) Minions Blu-Ray Movie per person during the Promotion Period. A week is defined as seven (7) consecutive 24-hour periods from the end of the hour during which the entrant has last potentially won a physical Instant Prize. An Entrant may win both an Instant Prize and the Grand Prize.
G. Despicable Me 2 Movie digital download codeDespicable Me 2 Movie digital downloads must be redeemed by February 29, 2016.
H. Banana Donation:Chiquita Bananas will be donating up to 50,000 lbs. of bananas to the Growing Forward™ with Feeding America® program. Chiquita will sponsor the program during the Promotion Period of 11/01/15 to 01/15/16. The bananas will be donated within one (1) month of the Promotion Period end date (01/15/16). Chiquita will deliver the bananas directly to benefiting food banks, at Chiquita’s expense with a minimum donation of 10,000lbs (or ¼ truckload) for each drop-off. Chiquita will coordinate delivery with each food bank at least two weeks prior to the anticipated delivery date.
I. Warranty Disclaimer: The prizes are awarded “AS IS”. Except as otherwise provided in these Official Rules, Sponsor makes no warranties, representations or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or in law, respecting the performance or use of a prize, including, without limitation, quality, merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose.
- HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE:
A. Instant Prizes: Digital Instant Prizes will be automatically available in the users “Gallery” on MinionsLoveBananas.com, and if instant prize is a game “power-up”, it will be available when user next plays that game. Digital Instant Prizes will be available for two (2) weeks from the end of the Promotion Period. Potential Instant Winners must have completed a registration on the Website to be eligible to win, and must be logged in to the Website to see/access digital prizes once the potential Instant Winner’s eligibility has been confirmed in accordance with these Official Rules. Physical Instant Prizes will be automatically mailed to the Instant Winner’s street address as provided at the time of winning a physical Instant Prize once the potential Instant Winner’s eligibility has been confirmed in accordance with these Official Rules, except in the case of the Despicable Me 2 Movie digital download codes, which will be sent to the Instant Winner in an e-mail to the e-mail address as provided in the registration form once the potential Instant Winner’s eligibility has been confirmed. If a potential Instant Winner is determined to be ineligible or found not in compliance with these Official Rules or in the event that an Instant Prize confirmation or a Prize is returned undeliverable, the Instant Prize will be forfeited. If an Instant Prize is forfeited for any reason, an alternate winner may be selected in a random drawing to be held on or around January 19, 2016 from among all non-winning Instant Win Plays received during the Promotion Period, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entrants understand and agree that it may take up to 6-8 weeks after the end of the Promotion Period and Instant Winner verification, whichever is later, to receive a physical Instant Prize.B.Grand Prize: The potential Grand Prize Winner will be sent an e-mail to the e-mail address as provided in the registration form. Along with the e-mail, the Administrator will send the potential Grand Prize Winner a background check authorization, an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, an IRS W9 form, and, where permitted by law, a Publicity Release (collectively, the “Documents”) which must be executed and returned within seven (7) calendar days from the date that the Documents are sent by e-mail. If the Grand Prize Winner is considered a minor is his/her state of residence, then the Documents must be executed by his/her parent/legal guardian. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any potential Grand Prize Winner based on such background check if Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that the potential Grand Prize Winner might reflect negatively on Sponsor or any other of the Promotion Entities.If the potential Grand Prize Winner fails to complete and return the Documents as required, is found to be ineligible or is non-compliant with the Official Rules for any reason, declines to accept the Grand Prize, if Sponsor or Administrator is unable to contact the potential Grand Prize Winner, or in the event that an e-mail notification is returned undeliverable, the Grand Prize may be forfeited, and the Administrator will conduct a random drawing from the remaining Sweepstakes entries received during the Promotion Period to select an alternative potential Grand Prize Winner.Sponsor reserves the right to announce the Grand Prize Winner at such time as Sponsor has verified and/or confirmed the Grand Prize Winner in its sole discretion.C. General: The Promotion Entities are not responsible for any winner’s privacy or spam filter settings which may divert any notification, Promotion-related message or e-mail, including any winner notification. The Promotion Entities shall not be held responsible for any delays in awarding a prize for any reason. Each prize will only be awarded to a verified winner. The right to receive a prize is non-assignable, non-transferable, and no prize substitution, exchange or cash equivalent will be allowed, except by Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in case of unavailability of a prize, or force majeure. All federal, state and local taxes imposed on the prize are the sole responsibility of each Instant Winner and the Grand Prize Winner. All other costs and expenses not expressly set forth herein shall be solely the winner’s responsibility. By creating an image with the Instaminion maker in the Instant Win Games, an Entrant agrees that any content he or she uploads to create such image does not violate any law and is not copyrighted or subject to third party proprietary rights, including rights to privacy or publicity, unless he or she is the owner of such rights or have the appropriate permission from their rightful owner to specifically submit such content.
- PUBLICITY RIGHTS: Except where prohibited by law, by participating in the Promotion and/or accepting a prize, each Entrant agrees to allow Sponsor and/or Sponsor’s designee the perpetual right to use his/her name, biographical information, photos and/or likeness, voice recording, video images and all related footage, and statements for promotion, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes, at any time or times, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including but not limited to on television, live television, radio, the World Wide Web and Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation except where prohibited by law.
- RELEASE: By participating in this Promotion, Entrants agree to release and hold harmless Promotion Entities, their respective affiliates, subsidiaries and related companies, their advertising or promotion agencies, or their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, the “Releasees”) from and against all claims, damages or liabilities arising out of or related to, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from any Entrant’s participation or inability to participate in the Promotion, any Entrant’s violation of these Official Rules, any Entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of any prize awarded in connection with the Promotion, or any other Promotion-related activity.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Promotion Entities assume no responsibility for undeliverable e-mails resulting from any cause, including any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by a user’s Internet Service Provider and/or e-mail client or for insufficient space in user’s e-mail account to receive e-mails. Releasees are not responsible for printing, typographical, electronic or human errors which may occur in the offer or administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries, or for lost, late, unintelligible, misdirected, incomplete, damaged or garbled Game Plays, Instant Win Plays, Sweepstakes entries or any other documents. Releasees are not responsible for and shall not be held liable to an Entrant or any other person for any: (a) telephone, computer, hardware, software, programming or interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections, network malfunction, or other technical failures or errors, or failure to properly process Game Plays, Instant Win Plays or Sweepstakes entries; (b) communication disruption or other forces beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor, including inability to access any Promotion-related website or other disruption related to Internet traffic, virus, bug, or non-authorized intervention; (c) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to any Entrant’s computer or device, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from the Entrant’s participation in the Promotion, or from viewing, playing or downloading any material from the Releasees’ website(s) or applications, regardless of whether the material was prepared by the Releasees or a third party, and regardless of whether the material is connected to Releasees’ respective websites by a hypertext link; or (d) incorrect or inaccurate transcription of registration or entry information, whether caused by any Website users or by any of the programming or equipment associated with or used in the Promotion. Releasees shall not be liable to any winner, Entrant, or any other person for failure to supply a prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God; any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entities (whether or not they prove to be valid); equipment failure; terrorist acts; earthquake; fire; flood; war; explosion; unusually severe weather; hurricane; embargo; labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal); labor or material shortage; transportation interruption of any kind; work slow-down; civil disturbance; insurrection; riot; or any other cause beyond Sponsor’s sole control. ENTRANT AGREES THAT THE REMEDY FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS, AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES (i.e, ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET COSTS INCURRED), AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ENTRANT BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM OR ACTION TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- DISPUTES:Any claims or disputes arising out of or related to this Promotion shall be governed in all aspects by, and will be construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Florida, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Florida. Entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or related to this Promotion or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. The forum and venue for any dispute shall be in the County of Broward, Florida. IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF (“AAA RULES”). THE AAA RULES FOR SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN FLORIDA. ALL PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE CONDUCTED IN BROWARD COUNTY, FLORIDA. ANY DEMAND FOR ARBITRATION MUST BE FILED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR OF THE TIME THE CAUSE OF ACTION OCCURRED, OR THE CAUSE OF ACTION SHALL BE FOREVER BARRED. ANY DEMAND FOR ARBITRATION MUST BE FILED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR OF THE TIME THE CAUSE OF ACTION OCCURRED, OR THE CAUSE OF ACTION SHALL BE FOREVER BARRED.
- GENERAL:Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion if, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Promotion, or if viruses, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical difficulties or failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control that corrupts, prevents or impairs the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right (but does not have the obligation), in its sole discretion, to award the remaining physical Instant Prizes at random from among eligible entries received up to the time of suspected impairment, and/or to select the Grand Prize Winner by random drawing from among all eligible Sweepstakes entries received up to the time of suspected impairment. If it is suspected by Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, that an Entrant has registered or attempted to register more than once using multiple e-mail addresses, telephone numbers or multiple identities, all of the Entrant’s entries will be declared null and void and any prize an Entrant might have been entitled to will not be awarded. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization (g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Any Entrant may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder to Sponsor’s satisfaction. Sponsor and Administrator reserve the right to disqualify any individual found or believed, in their sole opinion, to be tampering with the operation of the Promotion, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike manner or with the intent to disrupt the normal operation of a Promotion. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third party or like methods to participate in the Promotion will void any attempted participation effected by such methods and the disqualification of the individual utilizing the same. CAUTION AND WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. All entries and/or materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. The Promotion Entities are not responsible for any lost, late, undeliverable/undelivered, or postage due mail. In the event of any conflict with any Promotion details contained in these Official Rules and Promotion details contained in Promotion materials (including but not limited to point of sale, television, and print advertising, Promotion packaging, and other Promotion media), the details of the Promotion as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision or any other provision of these Official Rules.
- WINNERS LIST:To obtain a list of prize winners (available after January 19, 2016), send a self-addressed, stamped, business-size envelope to: The Chiquita Minions Sweepstakes & Instant Win Promotion Winner List Request, PO Box 25466, Rochester, NY 14625-0466. Requests must be received by February 30, 2016.
- OFFICIAL RULES: These Official Rules are available at https://minionslovebananas.com/rules or by sending a self-addressed, stamped, business-size envelope to The Chiquita Minions Sweepstakes & Instant Win Promotion Official Rules Request, PO Box 25466, Rochester, NY 14625-0466.
Customer service inquires may be made at Contact Us.
Minions is a trademark and copyright of Universal Studios. Licensed by Universal Studios Licensing LLC. All Rights Reserved.
© 2015 Chiquita Brands International, Inc.